I wanted to let you know that i made it safely to Shanghai. 🙂 Within the first 24 hours of arrival, I checked into the guest housing, went to service, a pizza/pool party, the police station to register as a resident, saw the SMIC company, saw my future apartment, made some new friends, and played nertz in one of the fellow teachers apartments.
Thank you for the yarps for the traveling to SH from the states. There was no complications really! PTL. 🙂 I am currently staying in a guest housing and waiting until my apartment is cleared out and cleaned of mold so i can move in and start buying furniture for it.
2. people are very welcoming, helpful, and friendly
3. survived jet lag for the first days here
4. have internet to update yall
5. already seeing the ripe harvest among the people here…
6. health has been good, no major complications (there is a flu going around tho) and only ONE mosquito bite! ^_^
7. though typhooning, the weather is bearable.
8. the thanksgiving service company reminded me of how big the universal body is!
9. tons of mini stry opportunities, locals, teaching assistance (TA), manufacturing assistance (MA), youth group… (still learning more)
please lift the following to Daddy for me 🙂
2. i am constantly being humbled by being here, yarp for my attitude and my heart to be patient when the unexpected happens (which is ALL the time) SO MUCH OUT OF OUR CONTROL!
3. the many many people i meet on a day to day basis, from the cleaning ladies and security guards to the many new teachers, that i would be intentional with my time and investment with people
4. begin thinking about where He wants me to serve… SO many opportunities its almost overwhelming…
5. teaching preparations and training is going to be pretty intense begins friday
Thank you all for walkking in this crazy adventure with me. i know that i cannot do this alone.. i miss you all very very much. Life here is completely different than back ath ome.. theres lots to compare and complain about.. but he is gracious and allowing me to see that He has prepared in advance these things for me to do…:)
hope all is well wherever you are too. may he bl3ss you beyond imagination
clinging to His unfailing love,